With the exceptional quality of many better carpets, your carpet could “ugly” out long before it “wears” out. Make sure it doesn’t with a comprehensive care program made up of five parts:
- Preventive Maintenance – protect your investment before problems occur.
- Vacuuming – the most important step in caring for your carpet.
- Spot and Spill Removal – because, let’s face it, they just can’t always be avoided.
- Overall Cleaning – because vacuuming doesn’t get everything.
- R2X Stain & Soil Remover – R2X Stain & Soil Remover.
- Stainmaster Soil & Stain Remover.
Some carpets have stain resistant treatments that improve your ability to clean stains, but not prevent stains. Similarly, carpets with soil resistant treatments reduce the rate of soiling, but all carpets require regular care and maintenance. Ask your sales representative to learn about some of the breakthrough’s in carpet soil and stain resistance technology.
There is often confusion about the difference between soiling and staining carpet. The majority of stain complaints are actually soil related. For example, many sugar-based spills, such as soft drinks and coffee, leave a sugar residue after removal. This sticky residue readily attracts soil from ordinary shoe traffic, and the resulting discolored area appears to be a stain.
The same thing happens when spills are cleaned with a detergent solution and the area is not sufficiently rinsed with plain water, leaving a sticky detergent residue. It is important to rinse thoroughly with water and blot dry after removing any spill.
For additional free help and advice to help you find the best flooring – whether carpets, hardwood floors, tiles or laminates – at the best price, call 505-856-6268
or contact Carpet Source USA today.